– “Idol” slims from 42 contestants to 24 this week before returning from Las Vegas to Los Angeles, where the live portion of the competition will kick off.
– Two, two hour episodes to essentially eliminate people is too much. I would’ve been happier with two, one hour shows. On Thursday, the remaining 10 spots will be filled.
Here are some of my favorites that have made it back to Los Angeles:
– Jen Hirsh, who reminds me of Pia Toscano (Pia even tweeted that she enjoyed Jen’s voice).
– Elise Testone, who has almost done no wrong thus far.
– Erika Van Pelt, who if nothing else will have a booming mobile DJ business if she returns back to the Ocean State.
– Jessica Sanchez reminds me of Jordin Sparks. Jordin of course, won.
– Joshua Ledet is hands down the best singer this season. I’m not saying he’ll win, but he’s the most talented.
– Reed Grimm has turned me in to a fan – although I’d love to see him finally just give up the show tunes thing.
– Heejun Han, how can you not root for this kid?
– Colton Dixon, who did Coldplay justice with his final performance of “Fix You.”