– While Randy and JLO make their way to the table, Steven stops in front of the stage to high-five fans. Is this guy having fun or what?
– Seacrest’s characterization of the finalists was interesting: the pawn shop worker vs. the powerhouse?
– Jessica Sanchez hands down won round one. Whitney songs are in her wheelhouse, and that in itself is quite impressive.
– Thought again about the transformation these contestants make from auditions to the live show. Amazing to see within a span of months how Hollywood hair, makeup, and wardrobe can change a person.
– Great to see my buddy Jason Derulo back on the stage, his first performance since breaking his neck at the top of the year. He sounded great!
– Round two was a wash. Neither singer impressed me – Jessica was underwhelming and I don’t think Phillip covering Billy Joel is a good look.
– Anyone notice that the iPad has made sheet music on a piano obsolete?
– Jessica’s “Change Nothing” sounded more crafted for pop radio than to showcase her abilities for “Idol.” That’s Jimmy Iovine’s bad… until it goes for adds.
– Meanwhile, Phillip Phillips sealed up his “Idol” win in my opinion with “Home.” Maybe this kid will have some radio hits after all…